“Canary, would you review my book?”
Review Request Policies:
We consider review requests for books which have been published or are about to be published (ie, advance reader copies). For us, the term “published” includes:
- Books published through publishing houses
- Indie publishing (self and/or limited copy venues)
- EBook releases (as long as there is a copy available through a seller such as Amazon, Smashwords, or BN; please, no out-of-the-blue .doc attachments).
Please send review requests to ‘email@example.com’, and make sure your email includes:
- Who you are;
- How you came across our blog;
- The title and genre of your book;
- A brief blurb or description of the book;
- The book’s available formats (ie, how you plan to get the book to us);
- A sample from the book (a smashwords link or an amazon preview works too);
- Your twitter handle and website url (if available);
- And any other information you’d like us to have.
Genres: We accept a variety of genres, among which are YA, Fantasy, Science Fiction, Speculative Fiction,
Literary Fiction,** Romance, and Nonfiction (narrative, such as true-crime, science, travelogues, etc).**
**We will no longer be reviewing books in these genres.
There are no review fees. (Though a friendly word or a kind tweet is always welcome!)
Please Note: If you don’t read these guidelines and include the information we request in your soliscitation, this will be the form reply you will receive. You have been warned.
If you have any questions about our policies or the blog, don’t hesitate to leave us a comment or get in touch with us through our “Contact” form here. If you have a review request, send it to ‘firstname.lastname@example.org’.