Update 9/9/2013! Authors, requesters, and other birds of a feather – we are terribly behind on requests. You are welcome to send in your request, but it might take us quite a lot longer than reasonable to look at it. Full disclosure. Chirp!
Review Request Policies:
We consider review requests for books which have been published or are about to be published (ie, advance reader copies). For us, the term “published” includes:
- Books published through publishing houses
- Indie publishing (self and/or limited copy venues)
- EBook releases (as long as there is a copy available through a seller such as Amazon, Smashwords, or BN; please, no out-of-the-blue .doc attachments).
Please send review requests to ‘firstname.lastname@example.org’, and make sure your email includes:
- Who you are;
- How you came across our blog;
- The title and genre of your book;
- A brief blurb or description of the book;
- The book’s available formats (ie, how you plan to get the book to us);
- A sample from the book (a smashwords link or an amazon preview works too);
- Your twitter handle and website url (if available);
- And any other information you’d like us to have.
Genres: We accept a variety of genres, among which are YA (Fantasy/Sci-fi YA only, please!), Fantasy, Science Fiction,
Speculative Fiction, Literary Fiction, Romance, and Nonfiction (narrative, such as true-crime, science, travelogues, etc).**
**We will no longer be reviewing books in these, marked-out genres.
There are no review fees. (Though a friendly word or a kind tweet is always welcome!)
If you have any questions about our policies or the blog, don’t hesitate to leave us a comment or get in touch with us through our “Contact” form here. If you have a review request, send it to ‘email@example.com’.